"A taste of Mexico soup, served with candied jalapeño relish 🔥 "
You will need -
* 1 can of black beans (you can substitute these for mixed beans or kidney)
* 1 large white onion (diced)
* 3 carrots (diced)
* 1 green pepper (diced)
* 2 sticks of celery (chopped)
* 3 cloves crushed garlic (or 3 tbsp garlic oil)
* 2 tsp cumin powder
* 2 tsp chilli powder
* 2 tbsp rapeseed oil
* 250ml mushroom or vegetable stock
* 1 can of chopped tomatoes
* Salt and pepper
* In one pan fry the onion, garlic and pepper in a little oil until starting to brown, add the spices, leave for a couple more minutes then take off the heat.
* In another pan place the carrot, celery and the stock and cook until it starts to soften, occasionally stirring.
* Then add in the can of black beans (once rinsed) and chopped tomato sauce. Simmer on a low heat for around 20 minutes.
* It’s up to you how to have the thickness of your soup but I blended about a quarter of the mixture to keep it quite like a broth. Season again (if needed), add a generous dollop of jalapeño relish and enjoy!