Stuffed Brioche French Toast recipe
To say this recipe is life-changing, would probably be an exaggeration. But if you want to smile and make others happy, you should definitely make this Stuffed French Toast made with brioche. Not only is it utterly delicious, but it’s so light and fluffy, you won’t even feel the calories!! There’s no need to make a compote, as the macerated strawberries and new Haynes Gourmet Candied Jalapeno Jam are all the ingredients you need. You could even skip the fresh strawberries. However, as they take literally a moment of your time, you will experience an extra level of joy (probably), if you make them! The combination really makes this dish sing. Let us know if you try this recipe. We love seeing your posts, so don’t forget to tag us at @Haynesgourmet and we will repost some of our favourites!
Stuffed Brioche French Toast with Macerated Strawberries
Serves 4 (or 2 very hungry people)
1 tbsp caster sugar
8 thick slices of brioche loaf
120g full fat cream cheese
3 large eggs
60ml Whole Milk
a knob of butter
fresh mint, optional
- To macerate the strawberries, hull and cut them in half (or quarters if they are large). Sprinkle the caster sugar over, mix and leave to one side for at least 30 minutes, longer if possible.
- Whisk the eggs with the milk and pour into a flat dish (not too big, just large enough to fit the brioche slice).
- Spread the cream cheese onto one side of the brioche. Spoon on the strawberry jam and sandwich it with another slice of brioche.
- Put a frying pan on a low-medium heat and add a knob of butter.
- Lower one side of the sandwich into the egg and milk mixture, and using a spatula, turn it over to cover the other side.
- Using the spatula, carefully place the sandwich into the frying pan and cook for approximately 2 minutes on each side. It will be a golden brown colour when its ready to flip.
- Continue to build the sandwiches and cook until you are all done.
- Cut the french toast in half, place on a plate, add the macerated strawberries and finally a little extra jam.
- Garnish with a sprinkling of icing sugar and fresh mint.