Vegan Falafel & Beet Tacos
This easy taco recipe will have you coming back for more.
Recipe kindly submitted by Darwins Kitchen from @Mattdarwinskitchen
- Falafel bites
- Beetroot (pre cooked)
- Picked red cabbage
- Red onion
- Yogurt/vegan yogurt
- Pomegranate seeds
- Haynes Red Candied Jalapenos
- Soft taco wraps
1. Cook pre made falafel to package instructions
2. Finely slice carrot, red onion and matchstick the apple. Add the pickled cabbage and cover with some of the pickling juice. Add a pinch of sugar and salt and set aside
3. Finely chop a few mint leaves and add to to the yogurt.
4. Blitz 1 pre cooked beetroot with hummus (store bought). You can find beetroot hummus in most supermarkets now.
5. Time to build –
Heat your taco wraps in a pan for 10-20 seconds
Spoon on some of the beetroot hummus then add the purple pickles
Break up the falafel bites and load them in , topping with a drizzle or the mint yogurt and those pomegranate seeds
Add a sprinkle of coriander and a couple Haynes Gourmet Candied Jalapenos for a little kick of heat.