Chicken Wings-Glaze and Dipping Sauce
The internet is awash with the most amazing chicken wing recipes, using various cooking methods, marinades, and seasoned flours and most of them are far better than mine, but what you might need is a simple but delicious idea for a Candied Jalapeño BBQ glaze and a Ranch-style Jalapeño dipping sauce.
These are so quick and easy to make, and if you are missing an ingredient or two, just add them to your next shopping list. Perfect for #WingWednesday or any other day. Let us know if you try them and tag us at @HaynesGourmet on Instagram or Twitter.
Candied BBQ Glaze for Chicken Wings
- 1 jar Haynes Gourmet Candied Jalapeño BBQ sauce
- 4 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp salted butter
- Toasted sesame seeds (garnish)
1. Melt butter in a small saucepan on a low heat.
2. Add BBQ sauce and water and stir until just warm. If you like a thicker glaze, add less water.
3. Put the wings into a bowl and toss them until covered. Sprinkle on the sesame seeds and serve immediately.
Ranch-style Candied Jalapeño Dipping Sauce
- 3 tbsp Mayonnaise
- 3 tbsp Half Fat Creme Fraiche
- 1 tbsp Haynes Gourmet Candied Jalapeno Relish
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- Salt & pepper to season
- Small squeeze of lemon juice (optional)
1. Mix all ingredients together and let it sit in the fridge for at least 20 minutes.
2. If you use lemon juice, stir it in just before serving.
3. It’s that easy!