Candied Jalapeno Queso Blanco
This is a simple Queso Blanco recipe unsing Haynes Candied Jalapenos. I made this to go on a fillet steak sandwich in a ciabatta.
Recipe serves 2.
by: Robbie Reviews
@robbie.reviews on instagram
- 250ml Milk
- 2 Tbsp Plain Flour
- 25g Butter
- 150g Mild Cheddar Cheese, grated
- 4 Spring Onions
- 2 Tbsp Candied Jalapenos
1. Roughly chop the Candied Jalapenos and spring onion before adding to a food processor to blitz.
2. Melt the butter in a saucepan then stir in the flour, mixing until a roux forms. Meanwhile heat the milk in another saucepan until the edges begin to bubble.
3. Gradually pour the milk into the roux while whisking. Cook for 5 minutes until sauce thickens.
4. Add in the grated cheese along with the Candied jalapenos and spring onions. Stir until all the cheese has melted. Season to taste.
5. Serve over a steak sandwich.