Burger Sauce Recipe
If there’s one thing that I’ve been craving, it’s a really good burger. Most of my favourite takeaway options use a burger sauce that any store bought brand can’t really match up to, so I have made my own version using Haynes Gourmet Hot Relish. There are so many condiments to choose from, but a burger sauce is the one that gives you that instant takeaway flavour. It’s great in the actual burger but also there will be enough to dip your chips into.
So next time you are having a barbecue or Friday night craving, whip up a simple but delicious sauce to add to your homemade burger. I could go hotter and obviously feel free to adjust according to your own palate. However, if you want to kick it up a notch, add some of your favourite jalapeños too.
Tag us in your burger pictures on Twitter or Instagram as we love seeing your amazing creations!
- 4 Beef Patties (85g/3oz each)
- 2 Burger Buns
- 4 American Cheese Slices
- 1/2 White Onion Chopped
Ingredients (burger Sauce)
- 80g Mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp Ketchup
- 1 tsp Haynes Gourmet Hot Relish
- 5 round slices of finely chopped gherkin
- 2 tbsp finely chopped sweet whote onion
- Pinch of paprika
- Pinch of salt
1. Add the finely chopped onion and gherkins to a bowl.
2. Add the rest of the burger sauce ingredients, mix well and refrigerate until ready to use.
1. Slice the burger buns and place them in a dry pan on a low heat for a few minutes until they are golden inside. Remove and place to one side.
2. In the pan, add a tablespoon of oil and cook the chopped white onion on a medium heat. Keep stirring. As they begin to colour and darken add a small drop of water to deglaze the pan. Turn the heat down to medium/low. Let the water evaporate and do this again. The onion should soften and take on a darker colour. Remove and put to one side.
3. Place the beef patties in a dry pan on a medium heat and season with salt. Cook as instructed on the packaging.
4. Just before they are ready, add a slice on cheese on both patties and top them with the cooked onion. If you have a lid, add a small drop of water to create some steam and put the lid on for a minute or so. The cheese will melt across the beef.
5. Remove the burger sauce from the fridge and assemble the burger. Serve immediately.