Spicy Pork Noodle Recipe
We have been cooking so much at home lately that we wanted to do a recipe for a quick mid-week dish that uses all those pantry goods you already have. We know you love your spice, so Spicy Pork Noodles are just the job when you want to spend more time outside, and less time in the kitchen. Eat them hot for dinner, and make some extra for lunch the following day. They eat just as well cold! I’m sure you improvise all the time, so let us know what you use your Hot Relish for and tag us in your Instagram posts!
300g pork mince
2 nests of medium egg noodles
2 tbsp toasted sesame oil
2 cloves of garlic, minced
3 tbsp Haynes Gourmet Hot Relish
2 tbsp rice vinegar
1 tbsp light soy sauce
2 tsp ginger paste or finely minced ginger
2 tsp peanut butter
1 spring onion, chopped
a sprinkling of toasted sesame seeds
- In a hot pot of water, cook the egg noodles.
- At the same time, a tablespoon of sesame oil to a medium pan and cook out the minced garlic and ginger.
- Add the mince and soy sauce and cook until golden in colour.
- Add the mangetout and cook for 2 minutes.
- In a small bowl, mix the peanut butter, hot relish, other tablespoon sesame oil, rice vinegar and a splash of water into a paste.
- Into the pan, add the cooked noodles and the paste, and cook for a further minute until all combined.
- Serve immediately and garnish with spring onion and toasted sesame seeds.