- 2 onions
- 50g Candied Jalapenos
- 100g plain flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp tumeric
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder
- 100ml water
- Oil for frying
1. Finely slice the onion and soak in cold water while you prepare the batter.
2. Mix the flour with the baking powder, chilli powder and turmeric.
3. Add 100ml water until dropping consistency. Add more if needed.
4. Drain onions and add them to the batter.
5. Chop the jalapenos and add them to the batter.
6. Heat the oil, test by dropping a bit of batter and you will see its ready when the batter floats straight to the top.
7. Batch cook until golden. Remove with slotted spoon and drain on kitchen paper.
8. Finish with a sprinkeling of sea salt.