| Haynes Gourmet Sep 21, 2020 | BBQ Sauce, Cranberry, Party Food, Recipes |
Cheese and Bacon BBQ Swirls
This recipe is generously submitted by @ elleofataste. Head over to her instagram page to see a full visual of this recioe in her stories.
1. Roll out the pastry
2. Evenly spread the BBQ sauce to cover the entire sheet of pastry
4. Sprinkle with grated cheese
5. Slice thin slices of bacon and sprinkle over
6. Salt and pepper and some mixed Herbs
7. Then roll the pastry into a tight sausage shape and cut thin slices and put onto a baking tray 8. Glaze the swirls with egg and put in the oven at 200 degrees for around 15-20 mins
| Haynes Gourmet Sep 1, 2020 | Green Candied Jalapenos, Party Food, Recipes, Vegan |
Candied Jalapeno Onion Bajis
These delicious Onion Bajis use Candied Jalapenos to provide a sweet kick.
e by Robbie Reviews
@robbie.reviews on instagram
50g Candied Jalapenos
100g plain flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp tumeric
1/2 tsp chilli powder
Oil for frying
1. Finely slice the onion and soak in cold water while you prepare the batter.
2. Mix the flour with the baking powder, chilli powder and turmeric.
3. Add 100ml water until dropping consistency. Add more if needed.
4. Drain onions and add them to the batter.
5. Chop the jalapenos and add them to the batter.
6. Heat the oil, test by dropping a bit of batter and you will see its ready when the batter floats straight to the top.
7. Batch cook until golden. Remove with slotted spoon and drain on kitchen paper. 8. Finish with a sprinkeling of sea salt.
| May 5, 2020 | BBQ Sauce, Candied Jalapeño Relish, Party Food, Recipes |
Chicken Wings-Glaze and Dipping Sauce
The internet is awash with the most amazing chicken wing recipes, using various cooking methods, marinades, and seasoned flours and most of them are far better than mine, but what you might need is a simple but delicious idea for a Candied Jalapeño BBQ glaze and a Ranch-style Jalapeño dipping sauce.
These are so quick and easy to make, and if you are missing an ingredient or two, just add them to your next shopping list. Perfect for #WingWednesday or any other day. Let us know if you try them and tag us at @HaynesGourmet on Instagram or Twitter.
Candied BBQ Glaze for Chicken Wings
1. Melt butter in a small saucepan on a low heat.
2. Add BBQ sauce and water and stir until just warm. If you like a thicker glaze, add less water.
3. Put the wings into a bowl and toss them until covered. Sprinkle on the sesame seeds and serve immediately.
Ranch-style Candied Jalapeño Dipping Sauce
3 tbsp Mayonnaise
3 tbsp Half Fat Creme Fraiche
Haynes Gourmet Candied Jalapeno Relish 1 tsp dried parsley
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp onion powder
Salt & pepper to season
Small squeeze of lemon juice (optional)
1. Mix all ingredients together and let it sit in the fridge for at least 20 minutes.
2. If you use lemon juice, stir it in just before serving.
3. It’s that easy!