- 4 Beef Patties (85g/3oz each)
- 2 Burger Buns
- 4 American Cheese Slices
- 1/2 White Onion Chopped
Ingredients (burger Sauce)
- 80g Mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp Ketchup
- 1 tsp Haynes Gourmet Hot Relish
- 5 round slices of finely chopped gherkin
- 2 tbsp finely chopped sweet whote onion
- Pinch of paprika
- Pinch of salt
1. Add the finely chopped onion and gherkins to a bowl.
2. Add the rest of the burger sauce ingredients, mix well and refrigerate until ready to use.
1. Slice the burger buns and place them in a dry pan on a low heat for a few minutes until they are golden inside. Remove and place to one side.
2. In the pan, add a tablespoon of oil and cook the chopped white onion on a medium heat. Keep stirring. As they begin to colour and darken add a small drop of water to deglaze the pan. Turn the heat down to medium/low. Let the water evaporate and do this again. The onion should soften and take on a darker colour. Remove and put to one side.
3. Place the beef patties in a dry pan on a medium heat and season with salt. Cook as instructed on the packaging.
4. Just before they are ready, add a slice on cheese on both patties and top them with the cooked onion. If you have a lid, add a small drop of water to create some steam and put the lid on for a minute or so. The cheese will melt across the beef.
5. Remove the burger sauce from the fridge and assemble the burger. Serve immediately.